Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Singapore - A prep for International Travel

Prologue:

I wrote this journal in December 2014 but had misplaced it.  Now that I found it, I am so glad I can share my Singapore trip as it was really one of my favorites. Singapore is amazing because it has a place called Little India that is almost exactly like India. There are also MRTs which are like subways that provide good transport like London Underground and Paris metros. That is why I call this as a prep for International travel. It provides good experience for many different situations.
MRT Station in Singapore

Forgive me as I my writing style for this blog will be like the one when I was younger.

Day 1 (Dec 2014):

Cone Dosa in Komalas
Hi! I am SK. Right now I'm in Tom Bradley Airport. Man! The place has really improved. It actually looks like an airport. I am going to board really soon. I'm first going to Singapore and then I'm going to India.

Day 2:
After the plane ride, I'm in Singapore. The weather is HOT. We are staying in Goodwood park hotel in Scotts Road. The nearest MRT (which is like a metro) is Orchard Road. During the plane ride I had a nausea. At the hotel, breakfast of bread with butter and marmalade really helped me. We took a muffin to go. Then on an MRT we went to Boon Lay Station and took a bus to Jurong Bird Park. What a let down! The birds were all caged, the aviary wasn't that great and the weather was too hot. We just walked and took a tram around. Then by MRT we came to Komala Vilas. The food was so good! I can't say how good! I loved it! It stopped my tummy ache I had from my nausea. Then we went by MRT to the hotel to rest.
For dinner we went again to a different Komala Vilas. I had a cone dosa that was two times the size of my head. Soon by MRT and bus we went to Singapore Mystica Night Safari. We went on a tram and saw lions, tapirs, hyenas etc. The tapirs were literally screeching! (That is a job for raptors). When the tram ride was over I got a fruit punch slushie and we watched a fire dance. It was pretty good, but they were basically doing Bollywood dance with fire. We went back to the hotel and slept.

Mystica - Night Safari


Day 3:
Tangs - where my mom worked once
We got up and had breakfast in Scotts Plaza. Then on a MRT we went to City Hall and walked to the Merlion (a statue). There we saw the Singapore Flyer, a ferris wheel! At the Merlion I got a grape slushie and my mom got an orange one. Then we went to Komala Vilas and met my dad's cousin. After that we went to Mustafas where I got a dress exactly like the stewardesses and a matching fan! Then we went to Orchard and went to CK Tangs (Tang plaza, where my mom worked many years ago) and Wisma where I bought an icecream. Then we took an MRT back to Changi airport.

At the Changi Airport T3, there is a slide. I bought a coupon to go on it. We thought when we saw steps they would go all the way up, but when I went down the slide I realized that the slide went 2 floors down and the stairs went 1 floor up! My mom got so worried, she almost started to cry. She was ready to jump into the slide. Then she went all the way to the bottom most floor and came up and asked how to get back up, and she was told that the kids had to ride the elevator back. Mom freaked out! I didn't know that. But mom got my attention and then we both went back up. Worst slide ever!

Then we ate at Kaveri and went to the gate to leave for Chennai to go see my grams and my uncle!

Epilogue:
Singapore is a clean, beautiful place that doesn't have much traffic and a great place for families to hang out. I really wanted to share the experience with you. My favorite places in Singapore that I recommend are Komala Vilas and riding the MRT.

2 comments:

  1. excellent write up @ the age of 6. ur recommendations for komal vilas will be a good recommenadation for their business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent write up @ the age of 6. ur recommendations for komal vilas will be a good recommenadation for their business.

    ReplyDelete

The Whale Tails - Poem

I swear, the universe is trying to tell me I have too many earrings. I'd lost one, quite recently, a pair I'd gotten on a Disney cru...